It’s no longer news that official sources from the presidency declared very recently, that the President’s office is unconducive for work, because of the damages caused by an invasion of “presidential” rodents and as such, the first citizen of our dear nation will work from his official residence until his office is put back in good condition.
Now, while many people considered this a national embarrassment, many others made a joke out of it and this is one part i like about my country– our ability to make a joke out of almost everything.
Then I soon read a flashback news of how the white house in the USA had shared in this Presidential rodent experience… (https://www.thecable.ng/flashback-white-house-rodent-disrupted-obamas-press-conference )
As I continued to ponder on this, I started to pick a few lessons from the ‘Rat’ and I’ll share with you:
- They know how to proliferate: They believe nowhere is too big or too small for them and so from the white house to the villages, in the King’s palace and in the beggar’s hut, they know how to make themselves a common feature.
- They announce their presence: It is in their nature not to be hidden, so it doesn’t take long before they reveal their presence in a place either by the noise they make or by their odour (depending on the breed) or by making themselves visible to the human eyes.
- They love to make an impact: It is easy to tell where a rat has been by the impact they make. Although theirs can be destructive, they sure know how to leave a mark (that causes news), so that even in their absence their presence is not easily forgotten.
- They are persistent: Rats have a persistent mindset with which they operate. They never give up and they keep disrupting places and events until they succeed or are finally evicted.
- They understand speed: Regardless of their age or size, rats understand the need for speed and they try to master the skill of swiftness in movement in order to avoid being trapped or caught.
Now, if you are diligent in your business and learn to proliferate, refuse to be hidden, choose to make an impact, remain persistent and operate swiftly, you too can disrupt and make international news headlines like the Presidential rodents.