Very recently, I was in Lagos where I was quartered by my host at the beautiful Elegba Festival Estate, Oniru, Victoria Island.
The next day, a few other friends joined us in our apartment and needed some extra sleeping space. So, I volunteered to inflate the vacuum mattress that was available.
Having used a manual pumping machine to inflate the mattress, I gleaned great lessons from the process.
1. Diligence: Diligence is a virtue for greatness. It is not just about what you do but how you love to do whatever you do. I knew a task was before me, so I had to be diligent with my work in order to inflate the mattress and birth my desired goal.
2. Perseverance: When I started pumping, I didn’t see much results but I knew that I had to persevere and not give up if I would ever see the vacuum mattress get inflated.
3. Consistency: I observed that each pump brought air into the mattress, so I consistently pumped in order to get the mattress sufficiently inflated. Consistency breeds mastery!
4. Time: Everything valuable requires time to build and grow. Using a manual pumping machine, it took some time to get the mattress inflated. Just like everything else, success requires time.
5. Patience: As I kept pumping, I had to be patient with the process of birthing the results I desired and eventually, after a while, the mattress was fully inflated.
6. Focus: I knew that I had a task before me, so I had to focus my time, energy and concentration on pumping because I understood that focus is a necessary ingredient for success in life.
As simple as it seems, we can learn profound lessons from almost everything and every event. Importantly also, we must apply ourselves to the lessons learnt because the essence of knowledge is application.
Cheers to your success.